Aiming at realizing 100% renewable energy in Japan, a symposium will be held in cooperation with various actors.
Symposium Toward a 100% Renewable Energy Society
– Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives in Japan –
13:00 – 16:30, Thursday, 23 August 2018 (Registration 12:30)
Room702, Building No.7, Chiba University of Commerce
Access: 1-3-1, Konodai, Ichikawa City, Chiba, Japan
The Paris Agreement adopted in 2015 has boosted momentum for international efforts in addressing challenges of climate change especially through promoting renewable energy in Japan and around the world. This symposium will facilitate a dynamic discussion among renewable energy leaders both domestic and international to enhance efforts in wide-ranging sectors to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy. The symposium will serve as a multi-stakeholder Talanoa Dialogue* involving the national and local governments, industry, and NGOs. The venue is provided by the Chiba University of Commerce, the first university in Japan to formally commit to aim 100% renewable energy.
* The Talanoa Dialogue (talanoadialogue.com) is a process leading up to COP24 in 2018 to help countries implement and enhance their Nationally Determined Contributions under the UNFCCC by 2020.
*Simultaneous interpretation will be provided.
*Program to be updated.
*Panelists and Speakers are Subject to change.
- Opening Remarks: Kazuyuki Nakane, State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
- Welcome address: Sachihiko Harashina, President, Chiba University of Commerce
- Keynote Speech:Lasse Bruun, Global Head of Energy Transition, CAN International
- Panel Discussion 1: “Expansion of 100% Renewable Energy Commitments in Japan and the World”
Sachihiko Harashina, President, Chiba University of Commerce
Takayuki Kitajima,Representative Director General Counsel,Unilever Japan Holdings KK
Kaori Miyake, Executive Officer, CSR & Communication, AEON, CO., LTD.
Eri Nakajima, Vice Governor, Nagano Prefecture
Lucas Seifert,CEO,H&M Hennes & Mauritz Japan K.K., Tokyo, Japan
Takashi Otsuka,Advisor, ICLEI Japan / Principal Researcher, Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
- Panel Discussion 2: “Accelerating toward Energy Transition”
Nicolas Geiger,President & Representative Director for Japan,L’OCCITANE GROUP
Kumiko Isono, Head, Corporate Services Department, Shizen Energy Group
Katsuhiro Koyama, General Manager, Environment Department, Daiwa House Industry, CO., Inc.
Kaoru Magosaki, Director, Climate Change Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
Noriaki Okura, Executive Director, Climate Change Policy Headquarters, City of Yokohama
Kimiko Hirata,Representative,CAN-Japan/International Director, Kiko Network
- Closing Remarks: Hiroyoshi SASAGAWA,Parliamentary Vice-Minister of the Environment, Japan
Please use the following form.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan
Ministry of the Environment, Japan
Japan Climate Leaders’ Partnership (Japan-CLP)
Daiwa House Industry Co., Inc.
Shizen Energy Inc.
In Collaboration with
Chiba University of Commerce
Climate Action Network International
Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
The Climate Group
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability